Different types of Data Structures
There are two types of Data Structures:
- Linear Data Structure
- Non-Linear Data Structure.
What is Linear Data Structure?
- In Linear Data Structure, data elements are arranged sequentially and, therefore they are easy to implement in computer’s memory. All the elements in the linear data structure access one after other and only one element can be directly reached while traversing.
- Examples of linear data structure: Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue etc…
In all of these data structures, values are stored in sequentially.
What is Non- Linear Data Structure?
- In Non-Linear Data Structures, data elements are not arranged in a sequential manner. A data element in Non-Linear data structure could be attached to multiple data elements to represent the relationship between them and those data elements cannot be traversed in a single run.
- Examples of Non-Linear Data Structure: Tree, Graph etc..
In all of these data structure, data elements are not arranged sequentially. All data elements represent the relationship among those data elements.
Difference between Linear and Non- Linear Data Structure?
- In the linear data structure, data arrange in a sequential manner while in non-linear data structure data can be attached to multiple other data elements to represent some specific relationship.
- In the linear data structure, data element can be traverse in single run while in non-linear data structure they cannot be traversed in a single run.
- Implementation of linear data structure is easy while implementation of the non-linear data structure is difficult.
- Examples of the linear data structure are Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue etc…
Examples of Non-Linear Data Structure: Tree, Graph etc.
So, these are the different types of Data Structures.
Learn the C language from the Scratch from Here: