Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
Before getting starting with Data Structures and Algorithms, Let us see some basic requirements to learn Data Structures.
What is Algorithm?
The Algorithm word derives from the name of mathematician, Mohammed ibn-Musa al-Khwarizmi. In computer science or mathematics algorithm is an simple step by step procedure to solve a problem.
A computer program can be looked like an elaborate algorithm. In world of computer science and mathematics, an algorithm usually is an small procedure (step by step written instructions) which used to solve the recurrent problem.
We use algorithm day to day life. For example, a recipe for baking a cake is an algorithm. Steps of an algorithm written in human understandable language and independent of programming language.
What is Data Structure?
In computer science, Data Structure is an particular format for arranging and storing a data or information. User can perform various operation on these data in effective manner.
Data Structure is designed to organize information in specified purpose so that can be easily accessible to the users and they can work with it in appropriate way.
There are so many Data Structures are available, that mean different kind of applications can use any Data Structure to perform specialized tasks.
Data Structure is important for following reasons:
1. It provide systematic way of organizing and store a data.
2. It can help you to grouped data together (Example is linked list).
3. It can used in every program or software system.
4. It can used to manage huge amount of data, such as large integrated collection of database.
5. some programming languages emphasize on data structures, rather than algorithms.
Learn the C language from the Scratch from Here: